A quick video tutorial answering one of the most popular questions we receive: How to wear a turban head-wrap, or any head-wrap for that matter.
Five Head-Wrap Styling Tips
1. The head-wrap should not be tight, it actually should feel like it is just laying on your head. It is when the headband is too tight that it starts pushing off the top of your head. The pressure of the headband against your hair and your head cause the headband to push up, because of this make sure the head-wrap lays on your head. If your headband is pushing off the top of your head it is too small. The good news is we have custom sizing and we can make you a larger band.
2. The head-wrap should cover your airline, when you are putting the head-wrap on your head, the head-wrap should cover where your hair meets your head -- this is an ideal place to lay the band and good way to judge where it should be on your tresses.
3. If you have super silky, baby fine hair, lightly spray your hair with hairspray before placing the band on your head. This creates traction and will help the band stay in place.
4. No one has such an odd shape head that a head-wrap won't fit. The problem is we are all used to wearing headbands, head-wraps fit very differently. If it isn't staying on you need a different size, measure your head, send it to us, and we can make you any headband in your custom size
5. You can wear any of our head-wraps like a traditional headband, if this is your preference, size down. Head-wraps are made a bit larger than traditional headbands, because they are made to lay on your head lightly. Headbands are a bit tighter and go under the hair. If you are normally an adult size and want to wear one of our head-wraps like a headband, order a child's size.
We hope the above helps as well as our How to Wear a Head-wrap video.